30.6.09

MacGyver, how do you spell 911?

"Ma, I need a ride home."

Remember domestic phone cards? Back when cell phone companies charged for long distance calls? Back when advertizing "500 national minutes" was a big friggin' deal? My parents are the only people left who still use phone cards for their China calls. Skype is beyond their comprehension. I'm still working on explaining the difference between fax and email. One step at a time.

I miss Richard Dean Anderson's commercials for prepaid phone card, Minute Pass. Why bother using a phone when MacGyver's there? Give him an eraser, a Hershey bar, and a yard of carpet remenant, he'll Bat Signal to Tijuana for you.



Hold up, is that child being kidnapped in the background? That kid does NOT look like he wants to get into the back of the van. Run, child, run! Go into the desert!

1 comment:

centauri said...

It bugged me that RDA was shilling for phone cards, but then I heard that it involved some kind of charity.

I wonder if I still have minutes left on my phone card....