24.6.09

I for one, am thankful we had Jon and Kate


Say what you will about Jon and Kate. She's the devil. Emotionally abusive relationship. Spoiled kids. Still, it was a refreshing and empowering change to see a hapa family on national television. My heart cheers when I see that fun down to earth Asian man who is gettin' some! An Asian man gets to be in a relationship with a strong-willed woman? Sure she's crazy, but at least they are not reinforcing the stereotype of an Asian man with submission Asian wife, breeding a quiet little obedient troop of look alike kids. Oh wait, they do look alike, but quiet they are not.

It's debatable how many steps our society took backwards when Kate proclaims her love for Jon's Asian eyes and her china doll kids. At the very least an Asian man is portrayed as sexually desirable and can even hook up with college hotties. Way to show mainstream our men as the *gasp* studs they are! Thanks Jon and Kate. It's been great.

1 comment:

Lili said...

I hate to say it, but I think I agree. ;)