26.6.09

Archipelago


Archipelago: Amazing Seattle-based company producing saucy Asian pride apparel. I've admired their work over the years. Months ago, I visited my neighbor, Ferdinand. As our daughters played Littlest Pet Shop in the basement, I spotted a box full of Archipelago t-shirts. Our conversation went something like this:

Me: I love those shirts! I've see their stuff around town. You sure bought a lot. Guess you're a big fan. Hey look, they're still neatly wrapped in packaging.

Ferdinand: Uh, thanks. We made them.

Me: Really?

Ferdinand: My sisters and I created Archipelago.

Me: Wicked! Does this mean I can buy Archipelago stuff online and not pay for shipping and handling?

When you're going through the website, check out the Links under Community. It's a great list of resource.

How friggin' neat is it when you meet people you are suppose to be friends with? Ferdinand and family are very active in the local community. A positive force supporting Asian American development. They are one of my favorite neighbors.

No comments: