15.10.09

Louisianna Justice of Peace Refuse to Marry Interacial Couple

Keith Bardwell denied marriage license to an interracial couple.

"I don't do interracial marriages because I don't want to put children in a situation they didn't bring on themselves," Bardwell said. "In my heart, I feel the children will later suffer."

If he does an interracial marriage for one couple, he must do the same for all, he said.

Bardwell said he is not a racist. Keith, I'd like to invite you over for dinner at my house. Hang out with my hapa kids. We can read Goodnight Moon and sip hot chocolate by the fireplace. Let's chat. I know you mean well, but other people's family planning is not your decision. It's 2009. Two thousand freaking nine, people! We're suppose to have robot butlers and eye-tronic chips by now. Not wasting our time shutting down interracial relationships.

He may be racist, but I gotta say the man is consistent.

No comments: