23.3.09

A less massive, umm, car for the rest of the world.


A new line of mini cars aimed at developing countries, starting with India. Each priced at just over $2000 USD. There’s talk of making a line for US because apparently everyone’s poor here as well, though I’m sure it’ll be more than $2000 each when sold here. Tata Motors may have found a niche market with the Tata Nano.


Yes, that’s right. The firm making these cars is called – allow time for pregnant pause - Tata Motors. I had a hard time reading the article and had to giggle every time I saw Tata. When they release these awesome cars in the US, I want to buy two and park them under a pair of inflatable domes on my front lawn. I shall call them my Nano Tatas. The garage will be the AA cups.

Sorry, Mr. Ratan Tata. I think your company is great and there is not shame associated with your family name. I’m just an immature 20 something with time to dream.

2 comments:

thew said...

What are you going to get for on top of your Tata Nano?


A nice rack!

centauri said...

They're real and they're spectacular